In addition to the existing room availability, the price and the cancellation conditions, the payment conditions are an important information which is requested by customers and which should also be communicated clearly and comprehensibly in your own interest.
This article shows you how to define the terms of payment and where they are displayed accordingly.
Definition of your terms of payment
- In order to be as flexible as possible, we offer you the possibility of asserting different terms of payment depending on the booking value. Create "booking sum ranges" and define the percentage of the booking value that must be paid at a certain point in time. The conditions depend on the following variables:
- booking value
- period relative to the event date
- percentage of booking value
- Navigate to the section Basic data > Own terms and conditions in the extranet of your MICE booking engine and scroll to the section 'Payment Terms', directly below your cancellation deadlines.
- If you have not yet defined any terms of payment, click on the 'Store payment terms' button and a menu will open.
- The system initially proposes two default conditions, which you can of course adapt to your own requirements. Define the sum range rules as follows (example with explanation below):
a) Booking Value (fields marked in red):
Define the different sum ranges levels based on the booking value. You can create as many levels as you want using the 'Add another booking sum range' button.
b) Period relative to the event date (fields marked in green):
Determine the respective payment period for which a corresponding percentage of the total amount must be paid. The division is by "days" and can be set to 'before' or 'after' the event via the drop-down menu.
c) Percentage of the booking value (fields marked in purple):
Finally, you determine the desired percentage, which must be paid after X days before or after the event. Make sure that the sum of the selected percentages is always 100% (e.g. 30% + 20% + 50% = 100%).
- Once all rules have been created to your satisfaction, click on 'Save' at the bottom right of the screen.
In the screenshot above, 3 different booking sum ranges were defined.
- For range 1 (booking value up to EUR 800) and range 2 (booking value between EUR 800 and EUR 1,700), at least 20% of the total amount before the event and 80% after the event are communicated as payment terms.
- Range 2 requires a deposit, which must be paid at least 5 days before the event. Range 1 requires a deposit at least 2 days in advance.
- Range 3 (all bookings with a booking value of more than EUR 1,700) requires an advance payment (at least 10 days before the event), which also includes 50% of the booking value.
Where are the defined terms of payment displayed to the customer?
After you have successfully set your terms of payment, it is important that they are clearly displayed to the customer. After successful storage of the created settings, the information will be communicated at the following points of your booking engine and the pages of our distribution partners:
- Hotel detail site
Directly above the cancellation periods, on the right-hand side of the screen, a link called "Overview of all payment terms" appears. Clicking on this button opens a window with the corresponding information.
- Terms and Conditions:
At the bottom of your hotel detail page we provide your general terms and conditions stored in the extranet. Your terms of payment are also automatically displayed in this document.
- Booking Confirmation/ -Quote:
With every reservation we automatically send the customer an email with a corresponding reservation confirmation in PDF format. This attached document also contains the terms of payment you have defined. The same applies to meeting quotes sent with the quote generator.