A wide range of amenities and catering services are an effective way to stand out from the competition. Our software offers a whole range of standard options which you can easily price and provide with detailed information with just a few mouse clicks.
We show you how this works in the following articles:
However, we know that our standard options are not sufficient for all our partners. Therefore it is possible to offer your own, highly individual services through our software.
Defining individual Services
The action steps are identical for both event amenities and catering options. Just follow the explanation below:
- Navigate to the appropriate section of your MICE Extranet:
a) Inventory & Rates > Catering
b) Inventory & Rates > Amenities
- For each of the available sections (e.g. 'Meals', 'Beverages', 'Coffee Breaks'...) you will see an additional button called 'Add catering' ('Add equipment' for amenities). Click on this button to proceed.
- You will see a submenu in which you can now define your individual amenities/catering service. Due to the international visibility of your profile, a title in English is mandatory. Click on "Apply" after you have defined all your desired languages.
In the future we will offer further languages, but currently only German and English language options are available.
- After successful creation of your individual service option, it will be displayed in the respective menu without pricing. To display the option on your booking engine and make it bookable, you must define a price of your choice first.
- By clicking the "Add description" button you have the option to add a more detailed description to your new individual service option.
- As the very last step, save your settings by clicking the "Save" button at the bottom right of the screen.
Where are my individual service options displayed?
Hotel detail page: Your individually created amenities and catering service options are visible for your customers on the detail page of your location and can be booked directly as required. This applies to the detail page of your own MICE booking engine, as well as to a potential chain white label, the Expedia marketplace and all affiliate partner pages.
Price calendar widget: In addition, the options are also displayed in the price calendar widgets you use if you have implemented any on your own website (more information about the price calendar widget can be found here).
Booking confirmation: Of course, the individual services you have created are also shown in the booking confirmation, which is sent to the customer after a successful transaction, but also to you as the host.
Caution: Custom options are not displayed in the search results of a chain white label or on one of our marketplaces. This is not practicable due to a lack of comparability and customer usage behavior.
Individual services in fixed rates
As you are used to with preset standard services, you can also offer your individual accessories and catering services as part of a fixed rate. Simply follow the usual steps to create/edit a fixed rate (a detailed explanation can be found here).
After successful creation, your individual services are displayed directly next to the standard services and can easily be added to the desired fixed rate.