You must have a valid Expedia Lodging agreement and have already created at least 1 room category in Expedia Partner Central to sell rooms via your MICE booking engine and our distribution partners. The room prices and availability offered via your MICE booking engine correspond 1:1 to the rates created in EPC and are also managed exclusively there (direct administration of the rates from your MICE tool is currently not possible).
All your defined room rates are displayed in the MICE Extranet and you can decide which ones should be offered via your MICE booking engine.
Caution: If you make only a small number of your rooms bookable in Expedia Partner Central, you should increase this contingent for sale via your MICE software. Only if enough rooms are shown as available in EPC, you can also serve larger conference groups with overnight stays.
Selection of room rates
In the hotel room section of your MICE extranet you manage all overnight accommodation settings for sale via your MICE booking engine. The MICE Extranet is automatically connected to your Expedia Partner Central account and all your overnight rates stored there are fully visible.
- Click on the button "Re-identify rooms and rates". You should now see all room rates that you have already set up in EPC.
- Next, you select which single room categories you want to make available for sale via your MICE booking engine. You can offer as many categories as you like.
- For each selected category, determine the corresponding rate plan to be offered to the customer. One rate plan can be selected per category.
- After you have selected all desired room categories and room rate plans, you can now determine the sales sequence of the categories. To do this, move the corresponding categories using drag and drop (use the sandwich icon highlighted in yellow). The system interprets the highest placed category as the preferred one.
This is important because in the event of a sellout of the preferred category, the next listed category is automatically offered. Only when all rooms of all room categories selected in step 3 are occupied, the customer is notified of a non-availability.
- If you are satisfied with your selection and the respective sales sequence of your single room categories, click on the " Continue " button at the bottom right. Repeat steps 2-4 for your double rooms and then click on "Establish Link Now" at the bottom right.
Advice: Select the room categories with the most inventory and check regularly whether the allocation for conference sale is sufficiently large.
Adjustment of room rates for your meeting business
In order to adjust the room rates for individual guests stored in the EPC to suit your conference customers, we give you the option of applying surcharges or discounts directly in your MICE Extranet. These adjustments depend on the group size.
You have the option of varying the markup/deduction according to fixed amount or percentage value.