The price calendar widget allows your website visitors to configure meetings with and without overnight stay directly on your hotel website. Results are displayed to the customer for +/- one week around the requested date. This has two big advantages:
a) Price-sensitive customers are directed to days with lower demand and lower prices.
b) You avoid a "sold out message" by automatically offering alternative dates.
Features of the price calendar widget
- Simple configuration of a conference room, identical to the configuration mask of your booking engine.
- Automated check of room price and availability.
- Thanks to the integrated availability calendar, customers with flexible schedules can select alternative dates. This is especially helpful if all your rooms are already occupied on the originally requested date.
- Daily price differences can easily be identified and compared at a glance. Tedious skipping between date configurations is no longer necessary.
- Low-priced booking days are highlighted in color.
- Automatic e-mail distribution of a quote at the push of a button.
How to use the price calendar widget as a customer
- The customer configures his meeting directly in the widget. As in the booking engine, he can include all amenities, the desired catering options and any overnight stays in his configuration.
- The smart calendar function enables the customer to jump comfortably between different calendar days and thus make his selection dependent on the available capacity, or the variable daily prices.
- Once the meeting is completely configured and the desired date has been selected, the contact details such as the customer's name and email address are the only things missing. As soon as those are submitted the customer automatically sends himself (or the responsible decision maker) a quote by email, via which he or she lands directly on your booking machine at the click of a button.
From there, the booking can now be adjusted (if necessary) and finally completed.
Implementation of the widget on your hotel website
- Contact your market manager or our partner support and request the price calendar widget.
- Your webmaster inserts the code at the respective position in the source code of your website.
- The colour scheme corresponds to the colour specifications you have already defined for your MICE booking engine.
- By default we will deliver the widget with the same currency and language settings as in your booking engine. However, by changing the code slightly you can easily adjust those settings to your preferred parameters.
a) Language of the widget: The yellow marked code position defines the language of your search widget. The following language settings are available:
Language Widget Code English lng=en-US German lng=de-DE
b) Currency of the widget: The code position marked in green defines the currency of your price calendar widget. The following currencies are available:
Currency Widget Code Arabic Dirham ccur=AED Australian Dollar ccur=AUD Canadian Dollar ccur=CAD Swiss Franks ccur=CHF Danish Crowns ccur=DKK Euro ccur=EUR Hong Kong Dollar ccur=HKD Indonesian Rupiah ccur=IDR Japanese Yen ccur=JPY Cambodian Riel ccur=KHR Mexican Peso ccur=MXN Malaysian Ringgit ccur= MYR Norwegiann Crowns ccur=NOK New Zealand Dollar ccur=NZD Oman Rial ccur=OMR British Pound Sterling ccur=GBP Sri Lankan Rupie ccur=LKR Singapore Dollar ccur=SGD Swedish Crowns ccur=SEK Thai Baht ccur=THB U.S. Dollar ccur=USD Vietnamese Dong ccur=VND
The best position for the widget on your website
Experience of other partners have shown that the main site for conferences on your hotel website is the best position to embed the price calendar widget. To guarantee maximum visibility we also recommend to place the widget on relevant sub-pages within your conference section.
Read also the following related article:
Further helpful tips on how to implement widgets can be found in this manual: