The search widget enables your website visitors to easily and effectively access your MICE booking engine. The eye-catching and intuitive input mask leads your customer directly into the booking engine and completes his or her conference reservation.
For hotel chains or cooperations that promote more than one location via their website, the widget is an elegant and effective tool for marketing all conference spaces centrally.
How to use the price calendar widget as a customer
The customer selects the following basic conference details and then clicks on "Search":- Location
- Arrival date
- Duration of the event
- Party size
- Number of required rooms
In order to make it easier for the customer to use the widget, it should be placed in a conspicuous and strategically sensible way. Read more about this later in this article.
By clicking on the "Search" button, the search query is transmitted directly to your MICE booking engine, which the customer is automatically forwarded to. All available conference locations are listed here, based on the search parameters defined in the widget earlier.
- The customer is now on your MICE booking engine, where he has all the functionalities it offers at hand. The search can now be easily refined, offers can be sent and, in the best case, a booking can be placed.
Implementation of the widget on your website
- Contact your market manager or our partner support and request the price calendar widget.
- Your webmaster inserts the code at the respective position in the source code of your website.
- The colour scheme corresponds to the colour specifications you have already defined for your MICE booking engine.
- By default we will deliver the widget with the same language settings as in your booking engine. However, by changing the code slightly you can easily adjust the setting to your preferred language.
a) Language of the widget: The yellow marked code position defines the language of your search widget. The following language settings are available:
Language Widget Code English lng=en-US German lng=de-DE
The best position for the widget on your website
The experience of other partners has shown that the main page for conferences and meetings on your central website is best suited for placing the search widget. The probability that the customer will use the offer here is highest.
To ensure maximum visibility, we also recommend that you place the widget on the appropriate sub-pages of your conference department.
Read also the following related article:
Further helpful tips on how to implement widgets can be found in this manual: